- Personalized service provided by our dedicated team of experts
- 65 years of experience in the heating oil industry
- Automatic oil deliveries providing peace of mind
- Competitive rates
- Emergency service 24/7
- AIR MILES® Reward Miles for all heating oil purchases
- 4 heating choices: oil heating, dual energy conversions, electric conversions and now propane
- 3 air conditioning choices: central, mural, and heat pumps
- Accreditation by Hydro-Québec for dual energy conversions
- Free estimates
- Flexible payment terms including equalized monthly payment plans.
- All our services offered under one roof, one phone number : 514-486-9000.
Yes, Norco offers you the possibility of converting your existing heating system from oil to electricity*. Our team of experienced technicians has the expertise to upgrade the electrical capacity of your property to accommodate an electric conversion. Our all-inclusive conversion service applies to all central forced-air and hot water radiator heating systems.
*Norco does not convert homes to electric baseboards.
- Receive financial assistance with the Heating with Green Power Program
- Receive a tax credit under the RénoVert Program
Note: The Heating with Green Power program applies for homes that convert from oil only heating systems to electricity. Not applicable for homes converting from dual energy heating systems to electricity. Both programs expire March 31, 2018.
You become eligible for the Hydro-Québec dual energy program by combining your oil heating system with an electric heating system or with a heat pump. A conversion of your heating system to dual energy can dramatically reduce your heating costs. Dual energy uses both electricity and oil to heat your home. When the outside temperature is colder than -12°C it uses oil, otherwise it uses electricity. It is the best of both worlds. The system selects the most economical energy source. We have been accredited by Hydro-Québec for dual energy conversions for over 25 years. Our team of qualified heating consultants and technicians will help you choose the best solution for your specific heating requirements.
For more information regarding Hydro-Québec’s preferential rate: Click here
Yes. As a homeowner, it is important to have your oil tank checked periodically. The protection plan includes a visual inspection of the oil tank by our technical service. It is a preventive measure to minimize the risk of an oil leak. If it is found that the tank exhibits potential contamination, we will ensure prompt replacement options to make sure that your oil tank is safe and in compliance with all municipal regulations.
We also verify the oil line that runs from the oil tank to your heating oil equipment. If your existing oil line is above ground with visible rust, and/or greenish discoloration (oxidation), or is underground, we recommend the installation of an above ground oil line to comply with home insurance requirements.
We use an advanced computerized system that allows us to establish the frequency of your deliveries according to the outside temperature by degree-day accumulation. Our trucks are connected directed with this system and are notified as soon as your oil supply is low and you automatically receive a delivery. This reliable system monitors your consumption, even if your oil heating equipment functions with dual energy (including heat pumps) or if you use an oil-fired water heater.
The annual maintenance of your heating system is the best way to reduce your heating cost and will optimize efficiency and safe operation. By applying to a protection plan which includes an annual cleaning and tune-up of your heating system, you have the perfect solution.
- Set thermostat to 30°C (85°F)
- Ensure that the burner switch is in the “ON” position
- Check electrical circuit breaker or fuses for the furnace
- Check the heating oil level on the oil tank gauge
If your system still does not work, DO NOT REPEAT these steps, CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY at 514 486-9000.